Saturday 29 November 2008

More photos




I read on a friend's blog recently about the opening of the new Islamic art gallery/museum in Doha. When we were there we watched this amazing building take shape as we walked along the Corniche. Lyn and I were really disappointed that it wasn't going to open while we were there and we're still waiting for our official invites. The building looks different from all angles and I took this photo, one of many of this building, on my first trip. As you can see, it was greener then, cooler, about this time of year.

The other photo was also taken on the earlier trip. I thought I had lost these in my computer crash but I had backed them up, saved them as something else so have taken some time to find them. The dhows are an experience. Travelling across the harbour in one at night with the lights of the city in the background is a wonderful experience. The area where the dhows are moored is not the cleanest part of the harbour. The ablutions facilities are off the back of the boat, enough said. This photo shows the traditional and new in contrast, traditional fishing versus the ever developing city behind, with a digger thrown.

I am spending some good time procrastinating this morning. I have work to do but the suns shining and it's Saturday. I'm sure there is something else I can do that's more interesting than work, anything. It's also been a hard week, a diverse week, one I'm pleased is over. Time to regroup and get onto the next thing, and there always is a next thing.

No comments: