Wednesday 12 November 2008

Margaritas on a school night, can't get much better than that. Yes, I've been out to dinner at my favourite Mexican and while no one would share a pitcher of Margaritas with me tonight, I still managed one for mains and one for dessert. Glasses that is, not pitchers. It is after all a school night.

After the mare of a day I had today, I was hanging out for a drink or several. It was one of those days when the jobs I had planned to do for the day didn't get started and the pile in the in tray just got bigger and bigger. On the upside, because I postponed my visit and stayed in the office, there were one or two less reports to write. Until I have to do the visit later that is.

There is a problem with Margaritas, actually I've just realised it now, they keep me awake. Must be all the sugar. So here I am settling in to doing some work, photo work not work work, until I feel sleepy. It's great getting some peace and quiet, except for U2 on the ipod at the moment, to sort through and get a disc ready for a friend who is hoping to head off to the Middle East soon. She wants to see the scenery, I have to be careful not to show her that there's not much of that unless you like a white expanse of very little.

I got some street cred with a four year old yesterday, a very bright four year old, after telling him I had lived in the desert. We were talking bugs and snakes and things, as you do with four year old boys, and I dropped into the conversation that I had seen a snake and a large lizard in the desert. Regarding me cooly, he asked if I had seen a scorpion, yes I had. I told him the story of the scorpion on the wall and us both getting a fright. He was impressed, I got a nod and a smile. Did I mention he was also a very cool four year old? Because I didn't manage a photo that day, we found one in a book. I might throw in that I've ridden a camel next time I see him, I do have a photo of that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you can't sleep after Margaritas, you're not drinking enough of them. You should have gone for the pitchers :-D

Jule's Short Story said...

Yes, a lesson well learnt for next time :)