Wednesday 5 November 2008

Snowing

Yes, its November; Barack has just won the US elections, well done Sarah Palin, and it snowed to sea level in Canterbury. It snowed in Ashburton and in the hills behind my house. It was sleeting on the way south and the day just got better and better. Yes, really better and better. Hello, Barack won! No more George W.

I have never followed the US elections like I have this year. It started by reading some blogs, Di's included. Then Tim and Sarah came home from the states and showed me some You Tubes showing Sarah Palin, that was revealing. She was made to look foolish, put into a position where she couldn't quite handle the situation. Makes the New Zealand elections pale into insignificance. Voting, that's Saturday's job.

I am heading south again tomorrow and this time I will take my camera. The mountains looked spectacular with their new winter coat. There was a rainbow that led us home. Like in reality, the pot of gold kept shifting. The closer we got, the faster it moved away. Still, it would have made a good photo. It's freezing outside now, a frost expected over night.

I had to dig out some winter woollies (again) to cope with the 20C drop in temperature from one day to the next. And tomorrow promises more of the chillness. It's funny, where ever I go lately I get fed, good timing really. Yesterday it was German waffles, today hot date scones dripping with butter plus strawberries, cheese and crackers later in the day. People laugh about this, given I am not very big but should be with my appetite. The cafe where I stop for coffee had a fresh batch of yoyos, a childhood favourite, so one came home with me. I wonder what goodies tomorrow will bring.

No comments: