Monday 17 November 2008

A throne fit for a queen

One of the trendy cafes in Lyttelton, a port town just through the tunnel from Christchurch, has a right royal loo. It sits on the top of a couple of steps, very throne like. The cistern is like a 70's disco ball and the walls are draped with the Union Jack and photos of HRH. 

The first time I saw this loo I was with the Qatar crew. We laughed our socks off, the steady procession of us heading out the back to the littlest room. I thought Karen would like to see too. This time I had my camera so got a couple of shots, the one of Karen and loo will remain unseen here. It cost her a breakfast, yummy waffles with banana and maple syrup, for me to delete it. 

The best part of the room can only be seen by sitting on the throne, a shelf of old books on royalty and some more old photos of the queen at various ages and other royalty. The person who decorated the loo was obviously a keen collector of royal memorabilia. 


No comments: