Friday 14 November 2008

In the money



I thought it was time to add some more of my Europe photos. I had an experience this morning that made me think of Italy. I put on a pair of 3/4 pants to go to the shops and on checking the pockets found 15 Euro. I had to laugh, after being broke for the last week or so, I could have afforded another gelato if I had just checked my pockets. 

It also means that I haven't worn those pants, a favorite traveling pair, for a while and that means that summer has finally arrived in my neck of the woods. Today I spent the day in the garden. It could be said that I like the results of gardening rather than doing the actually spade work. But when the sun is shining, the weeds are growing needs must. I also got the vege garden in after a trip to the garden shop to get plants. I am much too impatient to wait for seeds to sprout so buy the biggest plants I can find. 

Another trigger for travel memories, hence the photo of the end of Ponte Vecchio in Firenze, was that I wore my T shirt I bought at a shop near there to work yesterday. It's a rip off of the Coke symbol, silver on black. I got lots of comments, mind you not as many as the day I wore my Hooters one. The other photo is one of many this Leo took of lions around Italy. This lion was keeping watch over the surrounding countryside in Perugia. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that pic of the lion - he looks mean and HUNGRY!

Jule's Short Story said...

I was amazed how many lions were immortalized in stone around Italy. Some were pussy cats, some fierce and some just regal.I photographed lots of them.

Jacie said...

thanks for your comment Jules. My balcony view is my favourite place. I love your Italy photos. We took my son there when he was 6 (he is now 8) and he loved it so much and is always asking when we can go back

Jule's Short Story said...

Taking your son back to Italy sounds like just the excuse you need.

Your balcony looks like the perfect place to spend the afternoon with a vino or two, mine is the same but with a city view :)