Saturday 1 November 2008

Sealine











We ventured south to Sealine Resort one warm Saturday. Others told us it was a great place to relax away from the city, that might have been true on other days. On the day we chose, a large group of others had a function there as well. This meant loud music, bad 80s music, games and lots of kids running around. We made the best of it, enjoying a swim in the sea and in the pool until a dust storm hit and we had to leave in a hurry.

It was a great day out after a stressful couple of weeks. I even got a touch of the sun being able to lay about in my bikini. I love swimming, especially in the sea, so lazing in the warm water was a bonus for me. The pool, on the other hand, was a bit daunting. It was full of men. Lyn and I were the only ones brave enough to venture in while Kerry stood watch, well that was he lay on a deck chair pretending he wasn't with us.

The photos are of the children's area and some of the Sealine buildings, the dust storm approaching and some Qatari having fun with their quad bikes. Oh, the other constant noise at Sealine is the sound of 4WD's and bikes of all descriptions hooning up and down the sand dunes, not a very peaceful place really. Even the girls get in on the action. The final photo is one of my favourites and it's titled calling our driver. In this land of contrasts, traditions and mod cons, what could be more contradictory than a man on a camel talking on a cell phone. I had to run along the beach to get this shot, on full zoom, well worth it I think.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These pics brought me right back to the Middle East - fantastic! I love the one of the guy on the camel on his mobile. Are you in Qatar on holiday or business?

Jule's Short Story said...

I was there working, looking at going back some time soon. I loved the place and the people, so welcoming and inclusive. And there are some great photo opportunities too!