Saturday 5 July 2008

The south of France



I love the south of France. I love the winding, hilly roads. I love swimming in the Mediterranean. Most of all I love chilling out on the beach, watching the world go by. We took a wrong turn somewhere and ended up at Sanary San Mer, a lovely place with a pebble beach. It was later in the day before I got to go for a swim but still nice and warm. Muzz even ventured in for a short time. The water wasn't as warm as it had been on the Amalfi Coast but still good for the soul to be in the sea again. The small seaside towns are a treat along the coast, so laid back and pretty with their yachts and tropical trees. Alas we didn't stay long, onwards to Arles for the night.  

Arles was a place we had loved on our last visit but we couldn't spend a lot of time there as we were following the tour. This time we allowed ourselves a bit longer and lazed around for the day visiting the sights and enjoying the general ambiance of the place. 

No comments: