Saturday 26 July 2008

The weekend

Woke this morning to light snow on the hills and ice on the deck. The sun was shining and the day had promise. I've had a bit of an email drought lately, everyone too busy I suspect.  Imagine my pleasure to hear from a few friends today, must get on to writing replies tonight. 
Friday drinks are a New Zealand institution and I had my first lot since I've been back last night. We talked about Margarita's at lunchtime and by the end of the day we needed them badly. The best Margarita's in town are at Flying Burrito Brothers. It would be rude not to eat there too as the food is delicious. Their marinated olives are something special and despite it being  a miserable night, the place was packed. 
Sitting yarning with friends and people watching is a wonderful way to spend the evening. The Margarita's come in a pitcher and we savored a couple while enjoying the company. I am slipping, I forgot my camera so no photos, sorry. 
Right now, the fire is going, the Tour de France is on the telly and we play the Aussies tonight in the tri nations so a night in, overdosing on sport. Think that deserves a wine or two. 

No comments: