Sunday 6 July 2008

Friends


I had an eventful Saturday evening including sliding sideways in the car down our driveway in the snow to go to Jo and Tony's; eating a yummy seafood pasta and apple and blackberry pie; sitting by a fire that's working; watching the All Blacks beat South Africa in the rugby and getting home in the sleety and slippery conditions. Oh and then there was the nice red we polished off. A lovely evening despite the weather, so thanks guys. 
Sunday dawned very chilly and forbidding so was wondering if the brunch was still on. Luckily Muzz parked the car at the bottom of the drive as it was still a little slippery. Into town to Strawberry Fare where Shirley, Keri and I had our inaugural Qatar reunion. It was so wonderful to catch up and share our "now we are home" stories as well as have some laughs over our Qatar adventures. Someone told me once that the Middle East gets into your blood and I think they are right. The lifestyle is certainly family friendly and peaceful and, as I have said before, the people extremely hospitable. 
We got the waiter to take the picture to mark the occasion, of course my camera was in my handbag where it has lived for the past few months. I was pleased that Keri had kept up with my blog and hope Shirley has now too. The planning is underway for our get together in Christchurch in the next school holidays. Do you think we could make it some where a bit warmer?

No comments: