Wednesday 9 July 2008

Back at work

Back to reality this week, back to work in my pre Qatar job. Funny that things have changed in six months but not as much as I have, I suspect. I spent the first couple of days catching up on the hirings and resignations, meeting minutes and reports. Little wonder I didn't have the energy to get on the computer at night at home to update my blog! 
I have settled a bit now after some wonderful support from my new manager Rose. She knows the right thing to say to enhance my sense of belonging, compromised by my time away from this place of work. After three days I am actually getting my cynical side back, a truly kiwi trait. 
I was thrilled today to get emails from my Qatar whanau announcing that they are all descending on Christchurch for our inaugural reunion in October, very exciting. Wonderful of Air New Zealand to have a grab a seat sale at the right time, karma! Will have to stock up on the wine and chips. I can't wait to have a catch up although we are all keeping in touch via phone and emails at the moment. 
We are getting visitors tonight, family from the other side of the hill, so will add some more on my travels on the weekend. 

No comments: