Saturday 9 August 2008

I'm going to Aussie!

I've done it, booked the tickets to go to see Tim race in Canberra. It was touch and go whether we would go with helping one son out with uni fees and another with change of airfare fees. That's what credit cards are for after all.
I can't wait, flying to Sydney, staying with Muzz's brother then driving down to Canberra to watch Tim's last world cup race. We are on that really early flight, get to the airport at 4am in the freezing cold and land in Sydney at 8am in warmer weather. It's the last weekend in August so here's hoping. Yes, my next trip is organised! 
It's been a while since I've been to Sydney, 1999 to be exact. I am not a fan of the big city but so looking forward to catching up with family and especially seeing Tim and Sarah, it's been too long. They are home from their travels after the race, back to their real lives. Both have good jobs to come home to but I suspect I will be feeding them for a while, and so looking forward to that.  
Have just watched the Olympic rowing with Georgina and Caroline winning their heat, by heaps. So enjoying the sports fest on TV. Go Julian Dean in the road race, I even hope you beat my man Carlos. Well, after all what else is there to do on a snowy evening.  

No comments: