Sunday 3 August 2008

HBD to me!

Well as birthdays go it was OK. I slept in, had a phone call from each of the kids, had lunch with the olds, whitebait fritters, and dinner out with Muzz, pasta and an excellent wine. A restful day, just what the doctor ordered. 
It was neat having a good talk to the boys, Tim in Canada, Kez in Brisbane and Nick in Auckland. Tim's racing in another MTB world cup race later tonight NZ time, the second last for the season in Bromont. Him and Sarah fly to London after a few days checking out New York, then to Canberra for the last race via Italy. They will be home in a month or so, can't wait to see them again it's been ages. 
Kez got his present, a belated birthday one from Anacapri. He loved the watch, not the strap apparently. He's a fussy bugger. I chose so carefully, knowing that he would like something a bit different, oh well. Sassy loves the pashmina I bought her in Qatar. It was a lovely brown one, very tempting for me to add it to my extensive collection!
Nick was cooking a roast, lamb and all the trimmings. I know he's an excellent cook but we talked about how long to cook the parts of the roast among other things. He told me he'd thrown the many cook books I had supplied him with over the years, yeah right, I know he still has the trusty Edmonds one. 
The wonderful thing about having boys is that they have wives and girlfriends. This means that I have three daughters, or more than that if you count the ex's I still keep in touch with. I have talked to them all today too. 
I'm sitting here quietly listening to Tiny Dancer by Elton John, one of my favorite songs. My emails tell me I have more messages to check so best get onto that now. 

No comments: