Sunday 24 April 2011

The Old Mill, Bath




I booked the Old Mill Hotel online, what a treat it turned out to be. My sat nav Cardiff Kate, named during my last UK adventure in Wales, was invaluable in finding our way out of London and on through the countryside to Bath. The hotel is just before town, down a narrow lane on the banks of the Avon River. The hotel has an interesting history and I'll write about that a future post. Pictured are the weir and another hotel across the river, sunrise mist on the Avon from the Old Mill and ducks on the Avon.

I've landed in the Caymans and am feeling a little jaded after some very busy weeks and an interesting flight over. Grand Cayman is a lot busier than I thought it would be, it is Easter weekend so I suppose that's part of the reason. I've had a wander, found the local wine shop. Next stop will be the beach for a swim, although the temperature is at the very limit for me to get in the water, a fresh 26C.

No comments: