Wednesday 13 April 2011

Last days

I've just had a special treat. I was given a voucher for a deluxe foot spa and I used this tonight, my last pedicure for a while I suspect. The deluxe part was sitting in a massage chair, with the remote control. With my attention span, that kept me occupied for about 10 minutes as I played with the settings and got pummeled by the mechanical thingys in the chair. It was quite nice for a while as I'd had a gym session and needed a loosen up.

The young woman who was looking after the feet end was from Vietnam, a very pretty young woman with a nice smile. She conducted the pedicure ritual, with extras such as a leg scrub and massage. We chose the colour carefully and I now have lovely shiny new red polish on my nails, smooth feet and relaxed legs, what more could a girl ask for.

So I'm home now after saying goodbye to another friend over coffee, sitting in my bare living room and soon to go to bed in a bed half covered with the clothes I'm packing to take with me. Warm clothes for the UK and work clothes for the Caymans. The movers still haven't fronted so I may have to go to plan B and pack it all up myself and air freight.

I'm so lucky that I have a friend in the company I work in who is the fix it up chappie. I knew when we talked about my moving dilemma today that he would say, no problem just let me know what you want and I will organise this. He is the ultimate organiser, mover and shaker and font of all knowledge of what needs to be done and when it needs to be done in this part of the world. I'm hoping we can collaborate on an article for the magazine on the how to of leaving the UAE.

It's only 5 sleeps, counting the one I'm about to have, two more days at work. I feel like I need a holiday and booked this place in Bath for Di and I. It will be our base for exploring, I can't wait although I hope the weather is not too chilly. Might need a hot bath in Bath.

No comments: