Saturday 16 August 2008

Saturday

It's been one of those glorious winter days that have the promise of spring around the corner. The sun had some warmth, the washing got mostly dry and the scents from the spring flowers wafted on the air. One out of the bag, great to get some sun on my skin. The mountains are still looking amazing  with more heavy snow falls in the high hills. 
All this not withstanding, it's still very chilly and I am suffering from a lack of heat. I read friends blogs talking about swimming in very hot temperatures and see photos from places I would love to be. My time will come again, I know that. In the meantime, roll on summer. 
Tim and Sarah don't help, they phoned from Nice last night and were planning to hire a scooter and ride to Monaco. Hopefully I managed to convince them that was a bad idea. I could just imagine them two up on a scooter, wringing the poor machine to get up the hills and through the tunnels, not exactly scooter country! I wonder if they can afford to hire a Porche. 
I'm looking forward to catching up with them in a couple of weeks. September should be a busy month for catching up with friends and family so excited about that. 

No comments: