Tuesday 19 August 2008

And again it snows.

It snowed again last night. That makes 5 times since I've been home that the snow has settled deep on my deck. This time it was a week day, a work day and I had to be somewhere at 8.30am. No chance of that, I couldn't get down my steps and the driveway was impossible. My little red car, a faster one than the rental, was blanketed with enough snow for several snowmen.
As I watched the snow chucking down from the warmth of my living room, I decided to make a few calls and work from home for a while. Others had to do the same so I took a chance and went out to productive meeting with them mid morning. The drive was not as exciting as it would have been earlier.
For the rest of the day there was hail and sleet and general unpleasantness with the weather. It did, however justify my recent gym membership. As I went through my new program with my personal trainer last night, I looked into the snow filled darkness pleased I was inside exercising. 
I had to laugh at that. Anyone who knows me knows that I don't really spend much time in gyms, prefer the wide open spaces to exercise. I tried one in Qatar and the trainer person asked me if I was serious about exercising as I didn't stay long. He wasn't impressed with my answer that I didn't want to lose any weight, I was there to swim in their pool if the truth be known. 
My new trainer was also surprised when I tried to rush through the program he'd given me. He pulled me up by making it harder, more weights and repetitions to tire me out. It's a great program actually, well suited to my level of fitness and training needs. I was surprised how much fitness I had maintained from my travels with very little exercise. 
Today I am suffering a little with sore muscles, actually I didn't know there were muscles in some of the places I am sore. Think I have met my match with this trainer. Back tomorrow for round two. 

No comments: