Sunday 8 November 2015

It's November? How did that happen!

For the first time ever, I've missed a month. That's right, no entries for October. The reasons are many, probably the main one the demands of writing for a job and not just for pleasure. A bit like someone who loves to cook becoming a chef with the demands of the public. My demands have been deadlines and a variety of topics I've needed to research in this new place. Somehow after being on a computer all day creatively writing and preparing presentations means I'm not as keen to do the same at home.

I've also been out and about. A lot. So busy doing I don't get as much time to write about it. Sailing has been interesting, a whole day Sunday commitment. I tried out for a racing team, a serious one, and decided I didn't want to commit to the time it would take, plus there was yelling and I'm a bit over that. It was a hectic sail and yelling was needed once or twice.

Sailing in regattas on Australia One and working with the 12 Metre club to do some promotional work and fund raising is more up my ally. Enjoyable sailing, meeting lots of different people out enjoying the water. There may be twilight sailing too, a great Friday night activity. There's just so much to do in this big ciy of small villages.

My lease runs out soon, I've been here six months already, and need to decide where I want to be. Really love this location so will stay if I can. I managed a long weekend in the Blue Mountains and took some great pics I'll share here soon. This weekend I'm in Brisbane getting some much needed whanau (family) time with two small ones. Amazing how much they change and grow in a few months.

The youngest is awake now, couch time is over and playtime about to being. All is well in my world.

No comments: