Monday 30 September 2013

More 6 degrees

That old 6 degrees of separation comes to mind as I travel. I stayed with Deborah and her family at Dunbar. Over breakfast I shared that I was traveling to Kintail to see the ancestoral home. The place my family on my mother's side emigrated from to come to New Zealand a few generations ago. Oh, said Deborah's husband, that's where my family are from.

Much later I continue this post I found in my drafts.

It seems that we both originate from the same Clan Mc Kenzie, his side the MacRaes and mine the MacKegans. It really is a small world. He was really helpful is telling me where to visit and the story of how the clan got to Kintail in the first place, from the other side of Scotland it seems. Up Inverness way. They must have been a hardy lot, apparently it was summer when I was there. It just didn't quite feel like it.

I wrote in an earlier post about staying at the Innseagan House Hotel  in Fort William. One of the musicians and I were chatting in the morning and he asked where I was from. Cayman came up, he told me that a friend of his was heading there soon to start a new job. We pieced it all together, she was the person who was hired to do Brent's job, a similar one to mine, and we would have been in the same team had I still been there. I had exchanged emails with her about apartments.

This evening I've been playing with my photos of Scotland, finally got them uploaded and sorted. It was a bit of a mission as there were hundreds on the card. Here's one of my first look at Kintail, a blink and you'll miss it type of place.

No comments: