Tuesday 5 May 2009

Heat

It's heating up here, in the mid 40's most days. Al Ain is also very dry so the heat is quite pleasant without the humidity. The heat is beginning to make it difficult to walk places after work, for example the gym. Well that's my excuse for tonight anyway. It's also forcing me to consider getting a car, have the license so really should get driving. Tomorrow, Inshallah.

Walking to yoga I got to see the next instalment of the cricket players versus developers. I was amazed to see a game in full swing as I wandered past, slowly, watching, noting the increased number of spectators. There was also a football match in progress alongside on the newly laid pitch.

Yes, instead of a building, the developers were digging out to lay grass and provide a sports field. It was certainly being well used. This place is like that, made for people. There are even footpaths to get most places, although crossing the road is a risky business.

So here I am sitting writing in the lovely heat with a light, very warm breeze blowing through the door outside thinking of my family and friends freezing in NZ. Think I might just wander off to have a swim, seems like a good way to end the day to me.

No comments: