Friday 20 February 2009

TGI Friday

I love Fridays. Friday is the first day of my weekend, the day after Thursday night drinks at Traders followed by Indian for dinner.

Traders is a bar in the rotana and a crowd go there for drinks most weeks. I haven't laughed so much in ages, or had such strong cocktails. Mine was a tropical treat in a tall glass, a welcome drink after a long week. Maryann regaled us with tales of love and loss and everything in between. I'm sure she was a stand up comedian in a past life.

The kinas (kiwis in Nord Anglia) talked about home, those present all came from Christchurch so we had a bit in common. We're planning a kina dinner soon, a roast of course. We might even invite the Aussie, make her an honary kiwi for the night. I'm almost ready to forgive her for her comments about how we say punk sucks for pink and six.

I have friends coming for the weekend so looking forward to a social one, again. I hope to post more photos now I can access Flickr. I also have Skype, thanks to a VPN so things are looking up. Next thing to do, get a sound card for my new computer so I can use Skype.

2 comments:

Di Mackey said...

It sounds like you're having a lovely time. Hope the job is fast becoming familiar. Take care.
xo

Jule's Short Story said...

Sure am! A bit too social at times because I am here to work :)

The job is great, loving working with less teachers and keeping learning Arabic.

Will write soon, promise.