Saturday 7 February 2009

Out and about in Al Ain




Rau and I went for a walk after doing the usual Friday morning things; washing, housework and groceries. We thought it would be good to explore some more of our walking distance surroundings so we turned left instead of the usual right to Lulus.

We found the city souq. What a disappointment after the lovely Souq Wakif in Doha. There was no sitting with a coffee watching the people go by, meeting with friends, enjoying sorbet or even shopping. The goods mostly looked like junk. I had hoped we were in the wrong place but when we checked the map, it seemed we weren't.
We also found the Al Ain Oasis. This is a lovely, cool place full of palms, very peaceful. We wandered a bit, took some photos and headed for home. We are really lucky with the amenities we have nearby. There are two big supermarkets, lots of local shops, the main city centre, the Rotana Hotel, two parks and the little pizza shop.

We had pizza for tea, yum. Fancy getting great pizza, Italian pizza here. Couple that with a nice red in my new gold rimmed wine glasses and good company, all good really. I'm chillin tonight, turned down a social invitation as I need some down time to relax. I've got a comfy bed and a book calling me, luxury.

5 comments:

Di Mackey said...

Sounds delicious!

teamcoultonoe said...

Shame about the souks - glad you have most shops within reach though - hope your internet connection gets sorted asap
Lots of love
Lyn

Jule's Short Story said...

Promod, Monsoon, Sana (not as good as our Sana!) Home Centre, Megamart and Lulus. Not a bad selection!
I have to get a letter to get the internet so will hopefully have that tomorrow. I had to send an email to get it, with no internet, not logical.

Di Mackey said...

Waiting for your return :)
Impatiently of course
xo

Jule's Short Story said...

Yes, there's been a bit of a gap. I've had lots of comment so watch this space!