Tuesday 18 October 2022

London - Day two

 It was a slow start - Spanish wine meant a lie in. Plus we had to carry things. Luckily I travel light, except for my camera. Being a bit footsore after walking over 25,000 steps, a quieter day was planned. This time it was Buckingham Palace and surrounds. What a beautiful spot St James Park is. A haven after the crowds out in the street,  the push to watch what was happening after the police moved us on and closed The Mall. With all the happenings lately, that was hardly surprising. 

We watched and waited - watching people on bikes stopping for traffic lights when there was no traffic was amusing - then wandered on. Turns out there was a happening happening. There were Gurkas on parade, and guardsmen and a band. Well worth the stop. After a wander through the park, there was shopping to be done. More window than anything, I really do need some winter clothes! I did find the T2 shop, much to my companion's bewilderment at my excitement. The lass behind the counter also had a giggle. I'm now the proud owner of a large bag of French Earl Grey to grace my new teapot. 

A wander through Chinatown, then it was lunch and home again via the tube. A great weekend away, one of many. The next trip was one to Northumberland and we're off to Berlin at the end of this month. It's so easy to plan trips here, a quick flight and hotel deal from BA for Berlin meant a call to the very helpful BA team. The photos are phone ones, I've not explored the ones on my camera yet. 


Fun with filters!

And it's not a day out without a beer at Mr Foggs!
 

The flags are out

St James Lake

No comments: