Friday 9 September 2022

Time to say goodbye.....

What time to be in the UK with her Majesty the Queen passing and a country united in sadness, as it was united in joy during her 70th Jubilee. A great lady who will be missed. The news is full of stories about her and I'm learning so much I didn't know. 

One gem was when she pranked some tourists wandering on the pathways near Balmoral. They had quite a conversation about the queen with the queen and her close protection officer played along. I can imagine their surprise when someone identifies the elderly lady in the selfie they took with her. 

I wonder what these next days of official mourning and commemorations will bring. I suspect our weekend plans for a trip to London will be on hold for now. My condolences to her family. 






No comments: