Monday 8 June 2009

The steps

Rau and I braved the steps up to the restaurant, or rather the building that used to be a restaurant. With the slight cooling of the temperature walking in evening is possible at the moment. We thought we'd time it to see if it was a morning walk, I think not!

It took us almost an hour to walk there and back and climb the 147 steps to the top. But oh what a view. We didn't take our cameras because they're a bit heavy, something I regretted the minute I began the climb. The vista over the whole of Al Ain just on dusk was magical. We saw the size of the oasis, much bigger than it appears from the flat. We saw the track along the waddie, the apartments and villas along the edge, the shops and the sports ground all lit up for tonight's game.

In the next week or so I'll get to the top again with my camera and post photos, as long as the weather is kind that is. Another thing to do in Al Ain ticked off my list..... Wednesday night we plan to brave the zoo.

No comments: