Monday 30 June 2008

Out and about


Today I went visiting. Last week I had my son Nick and his partner Courtney visiting from Auckland so spent as much time with them as they could stand. That coupled with lingering jet lag left me a bit useless really. I so love seeing the kids. They brighten up the house and keep me on my toes cooking their favorites such as whitebait fritters. It's also a chance for catching up on their friends, young people who have often spent a lot of time at our place over the years. Keeps me honest to realise that my kids and their friends are now all in their late 20s. My how time flies! 
Today I called in to my work, one week to go and I'm back there, and it was great to catch up with the many changes and my lovely colleagues and friends. They appreciated the small gifts I had brought them from Qatar, small bits of the bling so common there. I caught up on the goss, and there was plenty! I'm actually looking forward to going back on Monday.
I also caught up with my old friends at the open poly. I love to call in and see my old place. I spent 6 happy years working there and miss aspects of that. They are always pleased to see me and enjoy my travels and of course the photos.
But for now, another week of holiday. The first one I've had in ages where I can just chill at home, sleep in and enjoy some peace and quiet. Holidays for me for the past few years have been taken up with writing my thesis and now that's completed I am looking for my next project, something to do with travel and photography I think. 

No comments: