Thursday 6 May 2010

Dibba

The weeks been full so far, full after a lovely restful weekend in Dibba. Kate organised a dhow cruise as part of her farewell package, very well received by all who went. We staying the night at the Sandy Beach Resort, a sort of holiday park with some up market units alongside some older ones. It was right on a sandy beach, hence the name, with Snoopy Island a short swim away.

We stopped at the Friday Market, an odd market on both sides of a main highway, selling all sorts to the tourists that pass. I got some yummy fresh mangos and banana as well as a wonderful Indian meal seated beside an Indian family out for the day. They had a baby the same age as Noah, a conversation starter. He was so cute but not a patch on the shy 3 year old peeking around his grandmother and flashing me a smile, such lovely big brown eyes.

Mary-Anne and I settled into the sand chairs in our swimmers and then had a dip when it got too hot, I so miss swimming in the sea. I really feel at home there. I always sing the song I've included as I swim, float and just enjoy the smells and sounds of the sea. Enjoy, it's an oldie but a goodie. More about the weekend, including pics, soon.



No comments: