Wednesday 29 July 2009

On holiday

It's Wednesday already, my how the week flies when you stay in bed until the day warms a bit, have a leisurely breakfast while reading the latest book, check the mails, roll into the shower and go off to catch up with others and those jobs that need doing, like getting my hair done yesterday. I've decided that I like being on holiday, even in winter bound Christchurch.

I've got heaps I've got to do while I'm home, number one to sort out the stuff I didn't get sorted before I left. I've had a major throw out and have packed up some things to take back with me. Another job I need to do is to go to the airport and negotiate with the airlines for a cheaper excess baggage fee. I'm not sure how I'll go given I have a bike box, not sure what I'll do with that on my Melbourne stopover, and a bag that Emirates will allow me to fill with 30kg and AirNZ only 20. The time I went to Qatar it was an issue that Shirley helped me out with and I was only slightly over.

I've also caught up with Pene, a close friend of Raukura's and an avid reader of my blog. It's great to know there are readers although with the counter ticking over daily the hits are adding up. Pene and I are going to meet for coffee next week, can't wait to meet her in person. If the call we had this morning is anything to go by, I'm sure we'll get on very well.

I also caught up with my Facebook this morning. It's great to have the time to follow the leads and read further. Fancy there being another UFO sighting in Istanbul, thanks for sharing that Hayden. It's interesting to check out the vids, very like the UFOs of the 70s. As a good friend of mine would say, Google it and you will know if it's true. I also followed a discussion lead about fear from Paulo Choelho's site and one of the contributors added this gem, so true:

Fear stems from uncertainty as well as lack of knowledge........We like our lives to be as structured as possible, to have confidence and certainty with which we create our expectations/dreams. Thus, what would happen if we would became carefree once in a while, ‘go with the flow’ and not have any expectations at all? Not to sit and thoroughly self-analyse which would create more doubts about one’s abilities........It can be so liberating to do something that you truly desire, to become momentarily selfish and not think about what anyone else says. Fear cripples us emotionally; it is a culprit of so many missed opportunities. I comfort myself with the thought that whatever happens, be it positive or negative, it is all part of our map of life. Even if it seem like there could’t be any silver linings in the clouds, there will be. It all fits into the bigger picture of YOUR LIFE. You cannot change the past, but worrying about the future, you are destroying your present.

Thanks Anna.

No comments: