Tuesday 23 June 2009

What an evening......





Saying yes even when it might prove difficult has lead me to some wonderful adventures lately. Tonight's adventure was very special. John and Angela took Rau, Anne and I out to the camel race track. The difficulty was that Anne and I had a dinner with some yoga friends organised. No worries, lets go, I'm sure we won't be that late.

We jumped in John's new toy, a green Jeep. I'm back to wanting one, a second hand one I can afford of course. But I digress. We followed the road then went off road to find the racing camels being trained. It was amazing to watch the groups of camels led by their trainer through their paces while the owners followed in their Toyota's.

The trainers obviously were OK with getting their photos taken, many stopped and posed, most just posed and yelled out to us. The funniest thing was the young man who got out his cell and recorded us taking photos of him from up on his camel. I didn't get the shot, was a bit slow, too busy laughing at the sight!

The sand was blowing off the top of the dunes, the sun was setting through the sandy haze, there were clouds in the sky filtering the sunlight, fantastic light for taking photos and amazing subjects. This is definitely a place to take visitors, so close to home yet another world. Sue and I have Katherine coming soon, I suspect that will be my next visit to the track .

PS Anne and I made the dinner a little late and after taking a wrong turn and having to do an illegal U turn with a police vehicle in front of us. Not Anne's fault this time, I took a wrong turn all by myself.

No comments: