Saturday 27 June 2009

Exploring Oman II








So, back to how to get out of the wadi. The top two photos show part of the journey. First there was the green rope and the long reach while playing spiderman, then the ascent up the rocks and the cemented steps to the narrow pathway at the top. The steps can be seen in the top right hand corner of the second photo. All in all a very impressive ascent that made me feel like I'd really achieved something, a great first trip to initiate a new member.
The other photos are of the group exploring more of the rock formations and pools. I will definitely join more of these expeditions when I'm back after the summer. It will be especially good when I have my bike and my Jeep, yet another reason why I need a 4wd. The trips are very well planned, the group leaders knowledgeable about both the area and the features of these unforgiving landscapes and the creatures who inhabit them. Thanks guys, an awesome day out, see you next weekend.

No comments: