Wednesday 25 June 2008

Di and me


Di and me, originally uploaded by Gilbert Wicks.

Di and I enjoyed wandering the streets of Roma and, without the benefit of a map, found most of what we were looking for. Maps and me in Roma, a frustrating experience and it didn't get any better much to Di's delight. Here we are near on the Spanish steps, photo taken by some nice Canadians. We of course returned the favor. We didn't find the Trevi Fountain that day like we'd planned but did find some fetching sun hats to keep us out of the blazing sun and eventually a taxi home for our tired legs. I love wandering with Di. We wander, take photos and find what we find when we find it, the very best way to discover Roma. Coming around the corner and unexpectedly seeing the Pantheon directly in front of you in the early morning light is a priceless experience for this kiwi.

No comments: