Saturday 6 June 2015

The couch

Has been very handy this week. The bed took a few nights to assemble, the couch doubles as a bed so it was my go to place. Falling down exhausted after a day at work, a walk home and building what needed to be built. No internet has meant more time, I've missed my contact and am working on getting this final thing organised. This evening Frankie and I are getting some time together while mum and dad are at the movies. A well deserved break for them and fun for me with the Internet bonus.

I've been telling some entertaining stories at work this week, each day a new tale of the bed saga and what else I've managed to build. There are times when it would be useful to have another in the house. Today Debbie once again helped with the lifting, after coffee and lemon tart. You see that bed should have had fine print. I got the big box that is the base made. I went to attach the headboard. Nope, not happening. 10.30 came and went, I gave up.

At 3am I ought I'd solved it. Nope. The cold morning light helped, there was one way to put the headboard on and I had it the other way. Pliers were on the list to remove the dowels. Mission accomplished that evening and the base went together too. Including the hydrolic lifters on either side. You see the bed I bought was this one, clever little storage bed. Very interesting to build, stage 52 suddenly had two people. Two people.

It seems, and I know this from experience, that lifting the slat base onto the hydrolic lifts and fixing them there takes two people. It does, really. I had a go on my own, it ended badly. When I dropped the dreaded Allen key. Yoga moves, while balancing that bed base on my back, well it had to end badly. I had visions of being missed in the morning and them finding me trapped in the bed. Discretion won, another day or two to wait and I have a bed. Can't wait to rollin there tonight.

Today's effort, after a wee lie down, was the four drawer dresser. I'm getting good at this stuff now. Good at knowing when I've taken a wrong turn and need to put the drill onto undo. There's just the wardrobe to go now and that has pics of two people everywhere I suspect. Not that I've found the book yet. Nick has been coopted. Lucky it's a long weekend here. I've got rest and wandering planned.

So life isn't the big city isn't too bad at all. Work is rewarding, the view from my balcony, and every window in my new place, makes getting up a joy and there's all I need in close proximity to my new place. There are pics and I will get one here soon. Hopefully I will have Internet soon, can't wait to be properly connected again. 

No comments: