Wednesday 23 October 2013

Singapore

It's been a while since I was last in Singapore, about 10 years surprisingly. It was so good to get off the plane here, usually that's just the end of the first of three legs back to New Zealand. I haven't had much time to explore yet, just a quick walk in the lovely botanic gardens with Callie and Frankie. They are the reason I'm here. It's also nice to be back in humid tropical heat that is very similar to Cayman.

I really enjoyed being back in the UAE, catching up on friends and their happenings. I even got a little bit of shopping in. I needed work clothes for my new job, I'm just hoping the things I bought will be suitable. I also managed to pick up a few nice things for my new place, when I finally get one. That's a job I need to get onto, Wellington seems to have plenty of rental properties. I just need to find something that's good for me.

Callie and I are heading out to lunch soon then for another wander through the gardens to the children's garden where Frankie loves to play. I've been really bad at writing, intermittent Internet and too much else going on I guess. I also find it tough not being able to post my photos. Kim tells me it can be done, I've not worked out how with my camera. I suspect the files are too big for this little machine. Maybe I could read the instructions? That might be a little too easy!

I will get my Mac repaired or replaced once I'm settled again, no point having yet another piece of technology to carry while I'm on the road. I am also going to send Fossil a photo of how much I'm managing to fit in my new bag. The security folks take a lot of time checking it out when it goes through the X-ray machine. It's a little heavy at times too. 

No comments: