Saturday 23 June 2012

This time of year...

In my world it feels like Christmas. Summer is coming, the spring is blustery and wet and school is out next week for the summer hols. There are tasty fresh cherries, strawberries and summer fruit in the supermarket. People are stressed and busy getting last minute, end of school year things done. All this spells Christmas to me.

Even though I've had a few northern hemisphere, end of school years and topsy turvy seasons, it still feels a little odd. I have to keep reminding myself that it's not christmas and that this year I hope to get two bites of the cherries. I'm planning to be home for Christmas, the real southern hemisphere Christmas. Home to enjoy Central Otago cherries and stone fruit, home to enjoy some family time.

As others are getting into holiday mode, my work is not quite done. There is a long weekend next weekend and I'm planning to make the most of it. This weekend is sailing, cruiser racing on Sunday so that should be ton of fun. I really must buy a waterproof camera so I can add pics here. For now, my book is waiting and a nice red. So pleased it's the weekend!

No comments: