Tuesday 17 April 2012

Reflections

A revisit of a 2008 photo in Rome, I loved the reflections on the Tiber. 
It's funny, way back in 2003 I put out to the universe that I wanted to own a yacht and go sailing in the Mediterranean. In 2004 we went to Turkey, the cruise on a yacht became impossible as time passed so we settled for travelling through the middle, down to Fethiye and up to Ephesus. But that's another story.

My love of the sea began at an early age, I felt at home in waves and wandering on secluded beaches. When I was about 16 I had the opportunity to sail in the Bay of Islands with friends, it was fantastic and lit the flame that has smoldered for a few years. Well, quite a few years. Then there seemed to be no hope of realising the dream. Now I own half a yacht, I get to learn how to sail and realise the dream. All without too much effort. I just had to apply for and get a job on a tropical island in the Caribbean, say yes to an invitation during my first weekend and it went from there.

The post Sunburnt Knees tells that story. That was a year ago. It's hard to believe I've been here for that long and yet it feels like I've been here forever. I was reflecting on this during yoga this evening. I feel like I'm in the right place, at the right time, doing the right things. That's a nice feeling, one to relax by. Let's hope it lasts for a while, I sleep best when feeling settled. So tonight I've got reading to do, studying the sailing stuff Jo gave me to look over. A pleasurable bed time read.

No comments: