Thursday 22 December 2011

Las Cascadas - The waterfalls



The very large waterfall that cascades down the slippery rocks is spectacular. It begins high up and has several points where it pools on a ledge then tumbles down again to the next level. We had drinks on the level above the lodge, up the steps and over the bridge. The next level is a walk up steeper steps, through the rainforest to an lovely clearing and a multi branched waterfall. The photos don't do it justice really. My camera and I nearly ended up in the pond, the rocks were very slippery and with the high canopy above filtering the sun, I suspect it's always like that.

More on Honduras soon. Next stop is Cuba I think, smoking giant Cuban cigars while welcoming 2012 seems like a very good idea to me. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie

I love hearing all about your travels. Do you have the same email? Sent you one the other day.
Meri Kirihimete Pene

Jule's Short Story said...

Hi Pene.

Lovely to hear from you! So sorry, I will reply to your email soon. I loved the format! Take care and a meri Kirihimete to you too.

Jules :)