Thursday 7 July 2011

Mangoes

I'll just have a little bit, eat around half and leave the rest for later....yeah right. I've never been able to do that. They sell the local mangoes at the supermarket so I picked up a couple when I did my much needed shop. There was nothing to eat at my place that was fresh, lots of canned goods in preparation for a hurricane but nothing that was green, fruity or wholesome. Because I shopped I had fresh fish and plantain for dinner with a rocket salad. Healthier than what I have been snacking on lately.

After dinner I needed to sample one of the mangoes, just in case it was off. With these ones it's not a matter of keeping the juice off my clothes, it's keeping it to a minimum and wetting the T-shirt so it doesn't stain too much. I ate it over the sink, juice running down my arms, dripping with juice. All gone, opps. I just may have to access more mangoes on the weekend, it's about time I revisited the farmers market.

I've really enjoyed being back at work, that's odd I know but I love my job and the people I work with. It's challenging and I'm constantly having to think outside the square to work out the next steps. I like that, exercising my brain. I also like talk, that will not surprise those who know me, and I get plenty of talk time with my team and others. Good productive talk. Tomorrow all my team are together for a planning day or two. There's a bit to plan and organise in the term break so the next school year goes smoothly. That will keep me busy for a while.

No comments: