Friday 17 June 2011

Aotearoa

I'm heading to the land of the long white cloud, Aotearoa or New Zealand, this evening. It could be called the land of the long white ash cloud as the volcano in Chile, Puyehue-Cordon Caulle, is sending her plume our way. I must confess, I'm not that fussed on flying when there's dangers such as this about but then I am going to the shaky isles where there is plenty of danger anyway.

The news and photos out of Christchurch look grim and I'm hoping that the earth will stay still while I'm there. I struggle when I see those websites that show the actual quakes, hundreds of them exploding on the screen. I've stopped looking now. By all accounts my city will never be the same, I'm not looking forward to seeing the changes that this latest destruction has caused.

I am very much looking forward to catching up with friends and family. I don't have a lot of time so hope that I do get to see everyone. Noah will be my main focus, getting some much needed grandma time. Eve has been a treat, I'm so very lucky to get this time with them both. The plan for today is to get out and about in Brisbane, lunch and then off to the airport. Not a bad way to spend the day. 

No comments: