Monday 2 May 2011

The market

Traditional woven goods, cup cakes and coffee as well as all the seasonal fruit and vege. What more could I want. I bought red velvet cupcakes and Kim bought carrot with cream cheese icing, both totally delish. Might be my new Saturday breakfast place.

I bought a car yesterday, anyone who knows me will laugh when they see it but it's great for here. A small 4wd, economical and able to get me through the surface flooding that happens in the rainy season. It's been so helpful having people here to ask about what's best. Nothing like local knowledge. i've been made very welcome, making this shifting business not too stressful. I think I've just caught up with myself and that's taken a while. Tomorrow there's work and I'm looking forward to learning more of what's expected. 

No comments: