Thursday 16 September 2010

Further to my previous post

The accident on the road I wrote about in my last post had two fatalities. Here is the Gulf News article. My condolences go out to the families who have lost their young men.

Today's drive was much easier although the meteorologists tell us this fog will continue as "the sea surface temperatures are at their highest during this time of year, reaching more than 32C, which prompts large amounts of sea water to evaporate into the air" (The National, 16 September 2010). This air is apparently blown inland and forms into fog over the desert. I learn something everyday living here!

It's now late on Thursday afternoon and I'm looking forward to the weekend, to relaxing and catching up on my sleep. The early starts are tough for the first few weeks, until the routine kicks in. Hopefully that will be next week.

No comments: