Monday 28 June 2010

This week

I've just uttered the words, or rather muttered the words because I'm alone and it would just be plain sad to have uttered them, 'it's 8 o'clock and I must pack'. You see I'm off to attend some leadership training and a conference for the next few days. It's at the Yas Island Rotana and many of my friends and colleagues are also going so it may be quite a social few days.

I'm really looking forward to having some professional development, some mental stimulation as it's the end of the year and I'm working on the tidy up jobs. Not too stimulating but rewarding when I can tick one off the list, I'm almost caught up. With the end of the school year comes the end of many contracts, with lots of changes as friends move jobs or go home. We've had several farewells lately, some going to nearby cities others to the other side of the world.

The count down to going home has begun in ernest, I can't wait to be on the plane in a little less than 2 weeks. Going back to winter is okay if winter is only a bit over 3 weeks l0ng. Seeing the family is what I'm hanging out for, to spend some good time with Noah and to catch up with all the news.

Okay, that's enough procrastination, it's now 8.30 and I still haven't packed. I've got an early start and others relying on me to be on time so best I get organised.


No comments: