Tuesday 13 October 2009

Normal transmission will resume ASAP

I can't believe how slack I've been at writing and taking photos this month. I've been very busy with my new job, it's still too new to give me much head space, and dealing with things at home. The house sale confirmed today. Part of me feels sad about this but I know it had to happen. The grandchild is growing, the scan pictures are totally amazing. I'm hoping to be home for their birth, to bond with the newest family member.

Grief takes time and although my fathers death was a blessing in a way as he was suffering, it takes time to come to terms with the fact that he's gone. I had a talk with my mother yesterday at about this time, saw her online and called. She's been so staunch it's amazing, yesterday she wasn't. This is the beginning of a new life journey for her, a journey she will complete on her own, with support, but on her own for the most part. It's a big deal when you've been with someone for over 50 years.

Life goes on, today I've got a presentation to do, tonight I'm cooking a meal for a friend who's in plaster. I'll add a post with photos tomorrow, I promise.

2 comments:

teamcoultonoe said...

LOL :)
I thought by the facebook congrats that the baby had been born!! Now I get it scan photos not photos of the baby (post birth!) that have been scanned and sent by email!!
I can be so dumb at times!
Congrats on selling the house - that is a big thing to complete - our tender closes 20th Oct with hopefully some tenders!! Lyn xx

Jule's Short Story said...

Lol, Not yet, February so really looking forward to being a granny. The pics are freaky, I could see the baby's face so clearly. Must confess, I look at the pics every morning to start my day off with a smile! So very special.

Good luck with the tenders, we got a good price for ours. Your place is unique so it should get a good price too. Fingers crossed!