Monday 10 August 2009

People, places and things





Sorry I've been a bit quiet lately. The past weeks have been a whirl of people, places and things. People I've really enjoyed catching up with like yesterday's coffee with Shirley and Keri. Places, the many where I've visited others. And things, packing up the house revealing treasures that made me sad or smile as I revisit earlier times in my life. Earlier people, places and things.

A good examples of this are the many photo albums and loose photos yet to make albums that are in boxes in the top cupboard. I nearly did myself a mischief pulling down these heavy boxes. But that's what you have to do when sorting out what's important and what's got to go. I'm good at throwing out the dross, many years of moving house adding to my skill.

Today I'm cleaning, yes laugh as much as you like I know I hate cleaning. Actually I hate housework of any kind and tend to live in a bit of a mess, a clean mess. I lack the finishing ability needed to be a good house keeper, as was said on many school report: Tries hard but doesn't often get the task finished. Not that gives me any sense of failing. I just got creatively side tracked. Anyhow, whose rules set what's finished and what's not?

Well today I have to get the useful stuff to the City Mission so it can continue to be useful, continue sorting the boxes and get the house up to real estate agent cleanliness for tomorrows visit. Know anyone who wants to buy a well loved home full of sunshine with an orchard and a garden that's enough to feed a family or two and herbs to garnish any dish?

The photos are of the girls having coffee and Christchurch in the evening.

No comments: