Tuesday 30 December 2008

P & Q


Can you hear that? Peace and quiet. The others have scattered for now, two in Te Anau for new years, three delivering a fire engine out country, two getting ready for their North Island mountain biking trip. So here I am for the first time in while all alone, bliss. 

Nick and Courts packed up the tent and some goodies and headed south. Amongst the goodies, I discovered tonight when I was hot and bothered and in need of a cold one, was my entire supply of beer. They even found the boxes in the laundry and cleared the remains in the fridge. They are heading home up the West Coast and calling into the marae at Makaawhio (Bruce Bay) for the family reunion on the way. 

Tim and Sarah are heading north to compete in the NZMTB champs. He's been training and refraining over the Christmas break and with his off season racing in Canada and the states, should do well. Poor Sam's not that impressed. He's with the grands on the coast, his look said "how long will it be this time?". I suspect he remembers the last time and that was most of 2008. 

As for the fire engines, such a long story. Here's the short version: There were three, now there's two and both are for sale. They are small, modern, working fire engines. Fun to drive in town where everyone gives way and that's without using the siren and lights. They were bought off the Internet to sell quickly about three years ago, enough said. 

My camera has gone on holiday with Nick and Courts. He's a great photographer so I look forward to posting some from the trip when they get back. For now, I'm going to catch up on some mails and some reading, sigh, peace and quiet, luxury.

The photo is of my he tiki and some Christmas goodies.

4 comments:

Di Mackey said...

Sounds lovely, although stealing the beer seems a bit off ... he had your womb for 9 months and how many years and you're still giving. Kids eh ...

minus 7 celsius this morning, we're tucked up inside, sitting by the big window in the sun with the heating up. It's not bad at all.

Jule's Short Story said...

Kids, yes I think we tend to give for many years. So long as they give back as well :)

Ouch that sounds cold. Summer's finally arrived here and I'm catching some sun. I love being on holiday so I can sit and read.

Enjoy the winter sun :)

mimasa said...

Hi Julie,

lovely and interesting blog and nice pictures. I'll keep checking your website for more exciting news.
Micheline

Jule's Short Story said...

Thanks Micheline.
Looking forward to catching up soon!