Monday 6 October 2008

Assisi



I changed the screen background photo on the Apple to the one I have added here. The church is the Basilica of San Francesco d'Assisi and the photo is taken from up by the ruins on the hill. From there, there is a wonderful panorama across the countryside. Very beautiful. The other photo is of a statue that I thought was Joan of Arc. I'm not sure that she hails from Assisi but the statue certainly does.  The day we were there was also lovely and warm, a bonus as we wandered around this awesome place. 

Next trip I would like to spend more time exploring Umbria, there's heaps to see. We only saw places that the train went past or through, next time a car would be useful as there are some amazing villages on hill tops. Umbria is also not far from Tuscany and all there is to see there, a month should do to explore the area, well at least a month if you include the vino and food the area is famous for. 
 

No comments: