Thursday 25 September 2008

Today




It arrived today, the much awaited new computer. I have been limping along with a computer not much better than the one that crashed so when our computer people arrived with a brand new one for me I was very excited. It's a newer version of my old one, much faster and with new software. I had a play today, loaded a new background and added my own shortcut keys. The new background is a photo of an amazing sunset from our building in Al Hitme. It's on Flickr so check it out there. Suffice to say when I start my computer, I sigh and remember that wonderful roof top and the friends I communed with there. It's so good knowing that my work is safe, between the new computer and the computer synchronising when I dock.

At the moment I am listening to the Once soundtrack from the website. I am down loading a couple of my favorite movies. Along with Once, Breakfast on Pluto is one of those. Cillian Murphy is an amazing actor and I enjoy most of his movies. I can't say I enjoyed the Wind that Shakes the Barley, far too traumatic for me. He has a new one out, the story of Dylan Thomas so can't wait to see that one. I am a go to the movies movie watcher, nothing better than the big screen for the first time viewing. 

Last night I sorted out some of my Europe photos. I ended up getting through only those I took in Rome by the time I edited them. I like iPhoto. It's easy to use and having a big screen on my computer allows me to see the big picture as it were. I am going to print some to frame for my walls and for gifts.  Looking at the photos made my feet itch. 

I have added three I have chosen to this entry. I liked the light in all of them, one taken in the early morning streets while searching for coffee and the others in the afternoon at Castel Sant' Angelo. Enjoy. 

No comments: