Tuesday 2 September 2008

I'm back!

I got back last night, well more the early hours of the morning, from my long weekend trip to Sydney and Canberra. I couldn't believe the queue at immigration with three planes all landing at the same time, we were the last of the three hence the long wait. 
The approach to Christchurch was a bit dramatic with a good old nor'wester buffeting the plane. There were a few startled people and some loud exclamations as we pitched and rolled our way over the mountains into a speedy descent. I liked one of the air crew's comments over the intercom that we were getting a thrilling ride thrown in for free. It made me smile but not others I suspect. As we landed applause broke out, relief from those that thought we would be another bad news item in the morning.
I am in the process of downloading the many photos, not sure how I managed to get over 300 but the mountain biking was exciting. I promise I wont include all of them here, just a few key ones. I will write entries that link to the photos but right now it's wine o'clock and it would be rude not to have a small glass or two. 

No comments: