Saturday 13 September 2008

Fried Green Tomatoes

Last night I sat and watched the movie Fried Green Tomatoes. As I am writing this fried red tomatoes are in the pan for breakfast, along with mushrooms, yum. 

When I need a brain break I have a small collection of movies I watch. All of them make me smile and many make me cry, no matter how often I watch them. Fried Green Tomatoes is one of those movies. I first watched it at Di's place in Blenheim back in the '90s when my two youngest were intermediate age. We were invading Di as we were on a rugby trip. The boys watched it too, snuggled up on the couch with me and Di. It touched a spot then and still does. 

I had loaned it out and got it back last week. Friday night with a movie and a wine in front of a warm fire, who could beat that. Fried Green Tomatoes is a film about friendship and belonging. It's also about self discovery and the impact of people on each other. So a timely watch. And yes I cried, in the spot I always do, won't give away the plot by saying when. I am still waiting for my copy of Once to arrive so I can add that to my small collection, another movie with good memories. 

While I am writing I am also chatting to Kim in London on Skype, cold there apparently. Would love to take you up on the offer to come and visit, soon I hope! But right now my fried red tomatoes are ready so I will go and enjoy them. 

I'm off to a craft and food show today so should have some photos to add from that later. My friend Lyn has her blog up and running. Check out the photo of us in our gloriously green T shirts, such a good night out celebrating St Patrick's day.

No comments: