Saturday 16 November 2013

Almost

It's hard to believe. I'm going to be in New Zealand on Monday. Starting work the following Monday.   I'm enjoying my travels still, my time in Brisbane with Eve and Sasi is fantastic. Eve is such a treat of a child, her grandma is allowed to say that of course. We've had a nice time together doing things that two and half year olds like to do.

She has a great sense of humour and is fine with discussing the stuff that makes being two and a half easier. Like what she's going to wear today in her multiple changes of clothes and who is invited to the tea party on the living room mat. And where they are going to sit of course. I will miss the morning cuddles and the day time fun.

This morning we got up bright and early and went to the Brisbane markets for breakfast and to get some supplies. Coffee and gozleme and little Dutch pancakes with syrup and orange juice. Fresh from the juicer. There's a small kids sized Ferris wheel that Eve enjoys with a nice man who know the kids names and makes sure they are safe and enjoying themselves. Surprising in a city this big.

I took photos and downloaded them this evening. I can't load them from here so they will have to wait. Photos of a little girl with a new dress and shoes; photos of swimming at South Bank; photos of riding the Ferris wheel; photos with mum and the new addition; no photos yet with grandma. That may happen tomorrow.

Today I got my hair seen to by Ash at a nearby hair salon. I'm thrilled with the results, it's a bit longer than it was after it was cut in Antwerp and the colour is good. Good enough to be seen in photos again. I suspect time will be short in Christchurch, as well as family time, I have boxes to sort. What to take now and what to send up later when I have somewhere to live.

That's in hand too with some appointments to view made for next weekend. Ticking things of my tick list like finally booking my flight to Wellington and cancelling the final leg of my round the world ticket. I don't think I'm going to want to fly to LA anytime soon. I will get back to writing here too,  once I'm settled and have my computer back and photos properly downloaded.

I got to view some today, reminders of my trip to Portugal with Sara and my road trip with Di. They made me smile, wonderful memories like looking over the mist on the water to the island on Lake Bled or the sunset at Cascais or the floating city in Brunei or the fishing boats at Kota Kinabalu. There are many I'm hoping to print from this selection, some big enough to feature on my new walls. 

No comments: