Thursday 16 August 2012

Teachers, lots of teachers

Teachers have long summer holidays, I used to. Teachers enjoy coming back to work feeling refreshed, I used to. Teachers like that time at the start of the year when they have their classroom to themselves, I used to. Teachers enjoy meeting the new crop of bright eyed youngsters, I used to. Teachers enjoy meeting the parents and learning a bit more about their pride and joys, I used to.

Today I got to meet the new group of teachers who have come to the island for the new school year. I had met many of them through the interview process, knew their CVs and interest well. It was so lovely to put faces to the names and get the chance for a informal conversation. There's plenty to do to get ready for the new school year, long hours to keep the many plates spinning. Multitasking, not one of my best strengths.

I had hoped to have added a couple of Peru and Panama stories by now but that may have to wait for the weekend. Sleep is needed, much sleep before the early start and meeting the new group all together. It promises to be an excellent day tomorrow, lots of chatting and getting to know this new group better. Teachers love to talk teaching, I still do.
Pohutukawa, a splash of colour



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I know this is kinda off topic
nevertheless I'd figured I'd ask. Would you be interested in
trading links or maybe guest authoring a blog article or
vice-versa? My website covers a lot of the
same subjects as yours and I feel we could greatly benefit from
each other. If you are interested feel free to
shoot me an e-mail. I look forward to hearing from you!

Fantastic blog by the way!
Here is my homepage :: Tampa Fl Lawyer

Jule's Short Story said...

Hi, thanks for your comment. It went to my spam folder hence the delay in posting and replying.

I would be happy to work with you, I love writing and this blog is my forum to share my thoughts, travels and photos with my family.

I'm surprised that so many other people visit and also enjoy my work. I have not had a chance to check your website fully as yet and will get back to you once I do.

Take care

Jules