Monday 23 April 2012

Lazy Sunday

It's been an interesting week, one of ups and downs. I guess you get that with the big jobs. I've rested this weekend, there wasn't enough hours last week to get everything despite my best efforts. I'm sitting here looking out the window at something I can't photograph so will have to describe.

There are swarms of dragonflies, those graceful insects, flying around outside my door. They are all about the same size and are not settling. They seem to be dancing with each other, flying in random patterns almost colliding. There have been birds watching, squawking, they have now gone so it's quiet outside. A day of nature.

I made my herb garden today, hopefully I'll get back into cooking for myself more often if I have the ingredients I need. The basil is looking good, lots of lovely scented leaves for my pastas and salads. When the mint and parsley are big enough, taboula will be on the menu. It's really nice having some green in my kitchen. I tend to kill plants with neglect, these ones are close to water so should be okay.

This afternoon is my first sail on Mayhem. We are race training for next Sunday's event so it should be fun, lots of drills so the tasks become second nature. It will be good exercise too, something I need at the moment. A good stress release. I hope to add Mayhem photos soon. 

No comments: